Monday 20 April 2020

Golgotha's Wild West Town and Miniatures - Miscellaneous bits

Herewith, some miscellaneous bits for my Old West games.


Scratch built water tower. I wanted to make a old fashioned looking barrel water tower. Took a while to make and still needs to be based. Made from balsa, blastic card, lead foil and cardboard. This water tower is specifically to refill a steam engine. I have also used it in my Lawrence of Arabia games and Russian civil War. Works equally well therefore for 28mm or 1/72 20mm. 





Coal pits. Had some model railway coal so been looking for uses so built these. 


Water pump made from green stuff and wire. I still need to base this. Thinking of adding it to the base of the water tower with water trough.


Another water tough. Also filled it with water. These are also made easily with balsa wood. 



Horse hitching posts. I have two of the elaborate ones, which I think would look great outside a ladies shop, selling ladies things. 

Here is something different. It is also around 1/72 in scale. I had this as a toy and is one of the reasons I love Old West. Spent many fond hours playing with it as a child. So I have bought another one since and painted my old toy. Here follows also some comparison pictures. Original toy is Corgi. I also added figures and horses from Imex American Civil War miniatures and Airfix cowboy sets. This included replacing the original passengers.  









Thinking wagons and the like and back to 28mm I also thought using this rather lovely barrel delivery wagon by Days Gone By would be ideal. These are also potentially great for a source of wheels and other bits. 


The draft horses are a tad small the driver is however perfect as are obviously the barrels. I will be repainting it to better suit Old West but think it an ideal addition to make a delivery to the saloon and also some general street traffic. As otherwise most Old West wargame towns are perhaps just too deserted. 








No comments:

Post a Comment