Monday 20 April 2020

Golgotha's Games - The Siege - Lion Rampant

Herewith, a siege game using Lion Rampant.

I think many of us into Medieval wargaming in particular can recall having played a siege with a toy castle.


Nervous with trepidation and hiding behind his walls.





To make things fun the catapults were actually firing. We used dice the benefit being that what it hit then took that much damage. They proved largely ineffective but this certainly added excitement. I am sure H.G Wells would have approved. 



Much of this army never reached the walls! Certainly need at least 3:1 to be effective methinks. 





In the end I only managed to mount the battlements on the wall to the right and shortly after had to surrender. As my son had decided to ride his knights out of the castle for a heroic and successful counter attack causing horrendous casualties amongst my already fragile forces. I am glad to say quarter was given, perhaps some of my knights will get to fight another day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment