Wednesday 15 April 2020

Golgotha's Fantasy Trolls and Giant

Hi all

See: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=123935.0

Herewith my recent fantasy miniature additions. These are Trolls to accompany my orc army manufactured by a Russian company called Tehnolog. See: http://www.tehnolog.ru/product.php

I think these are some of the nicest Troll miniatures I have seen and are excellent for the price. Ordered mine on Ebay for as little as £6.08 with postage for all four miniatures. Also ordered their Minotaur miniatures. I think their Dwarves will make good statues.



Trolls emerging from the deep dark woods.  


Many people seem to dislike the second miniature here from the left. He looks like the commander and I am pleased the way he came out. 


The miniature on the far right here is my favourite. These will certainly add some weight to my orc army. I will still be basing these.

I got mine from these two sellers on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sincopa69/m.html?item=173925191834&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/erinaceus_primus/m.html?item=324018497163&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I am not sure why it is but ebay is often useless at providing search results.

Give 'em a go, they are well worth the price and long wait for delivery. Most fantasy players I imagine can always do with a few Trolls.

They apparently come in two types, hard and soft plastic. These were soft plastic, which I washed and undercoated with grey spray paint. They did paint up nicely in the end. Detail is lacking in parts. They had a few join lines, nothing serious - which was easy to get rid of with sharp knife and needle file. Indeed, I sharpened and shortened the axe and sword blades slightly. Adding also a bit of "battle damage" here and there.

Herewith another example of taking what was ostensibly a toy and converting it to a wargame miniature. This was found in my garden buried in the dirt. A wrestler toy of some sort that I thought would be fun to resurrect into some sort of giant barbarian sort.


'orrible shiny toy wrestler - some green stuff and weapons added. The spear method here I do regularly as a conversion get steel rod and or bristles from brushes work depending on scale, drill a hole and weapon done. 


Added a shoulder pad and cheesy horns. Mask become a helmet.


A lick of paint. The shield was a button I painted on a design of a dragon by hand.


Which I am rather happy with.


Overall effect is a huge improvement I think. 


I have added some more detail and flocking since this picture. 




No comments:

Post a Comment