Wednesday 15 April 2020

Golgotha's Wild West Town and Miniatures


Howdy

See: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=123947.0

Herewith my Wild West town and miniatures.



Steaming into town. Note the miners tent city next to the railway line.


The main road of the town. 


Here comes trouble. Note the poor Mexican peon looking for work at the Saloon.


Riding into town. I like the way the large barn turned out. Frontier Barn available here: https://www.wargamevault.com/product/112679/Frontier-Barn-Paper-Model?manufacturers_id=2985
From Dave Graffam Models. 



Note the church spire in the distance.


A bad disposition. Do love this grumpy sod manufactured by Wargames Foundry. In this particular game he was drunk.


Requisitioned some of my son's lego barrels, a potential source will require bit of work to be improved.  


A view of the church and another water tower. These water towers I find to be rather versatile and can double up for a number of settings. 


Top view of the town. Will undoubtedly be adding more. 


The second water tower. Also showing outhouses and some of the smaller side buildings. 




This shows my water tower for the steam train. I am very pleased with the little hand water pump. 


Coal pits. I scratch built these from balsa wood.


A better view of the steam train's water tower showing nozzle. Train still needs a repaint. 


View of the town showing the church and train. 


Sun setting in the west after a rather bloody affair. 


Happy with this Britannia Miniature. Note the newspaper/wanted poster he is reading. This I printed and pasted into place. 



Hop along my old veteran. Glad to say he always seems to survive these engagements. He is a Wargames Foundry Miniature. 


Sheriff and his deputies. I am happy with the horse tie posts. I cut them up from some old cheap girls doll house furniture toys - these if recall had been bed posts. 


Need to buy some more ammunition. 


If only they had known at this point how bad a day they would have. Having hoped to exchange their hard earnt gold. 


A necessity.


A dead shame.


Lots of characterful story telling opportunities. I find in these sorts of games I land up roleplaying more than wargaming. 


I like this old worn fence made from matchsticks. With a tree made from some dead plant root.


Sign of the times and hard pressed for work.


Closer picks showing the towers. 




Another close up of the coal pits.


Telegraph wires, some old railway model terrain. 



Some long horn cattle. These are great wish I had hundreds - it is a cowboy game after all. 



Tent city with miners.


Close up of the church. 


Some swine and I am not referring to the pigs.


Oink. These are old 1/72 scale pigs but they are perfect. They appear in many of my games. 


A parting shot partner.

My town is largely made up of printed paper. But it is very cheap and quick to put together an entire town - I mount the paper onto foam board so the buildings are light and durable. Worth considering especially for players with many projects and playing multiple periods and or a limited budget.

Thank you for looking at my little old west town.


No comments:

Post a Comment