Monday 20 April 2020

Golgotha's Wild West Town and Miniatures - Cacti

Herewith, some Cacti. Many of the commercially available Cacti are rather expensive. I also wanted Cacti of a good size and number, which could provide cover. I decided therefore to make some using pipe cleaners. Unfortunately, I could not find a suitable colour and therefore had to paint these. They do give the impression of being prickly. Yet are nice and soft to the touch.



Cacti shown with Wargames Foundry Apache so as to give an indication of the size.


Close up showing thorny appearance. Note slight differences in colouration due to using different coloured pipe cleaners.



I have made 12 in total. I am unlikely to make more than this. I do at some point want to get the Pegasus Cacti in 1/72 for some small plants could use perhaps for detailing bases. 




Apache with Cacti in the background. They do look better from a distance. Overall, I am happy with the appearance. Should help add a bit of fun and for that matter colour to my Old West games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment