Monday 17 August 2020

Golgotha's Fantasy - Human Landsknechte

Herewith, Landsknechte Renaissance styled fantasy miniatures mostly from Games Workshop. Thinking these could also be ideal for historical and fantasy as well as for a Ghost Archipelago crew/warband. Idea being a Spanish like Empire have discovered a new world inspired by the likes of Games Workshops Lustria. Likely enemy being the Ghost Archipelago Tribal miniatures. Project was inspired by the three following command figures one has a crocodile like head and an admirals uniform. The pirate like female being a contessa sort. The manufacturer for these is unknown and I picked them up cheaply on ebay. 

This little army therefore includes the following:

Command stand - 3 miniatures.
Shot 5 miniatures x 2
Pike 10 miniatures
Halberd 5 miniatures
Great swords 5 miniatures
Canon 4 miniatures

Total 37 miniatures

See: https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=123935.15



Decided to make some barricades for them. 






Wood pile made from left over barricade material thought they would also have something similar lying around. 


Some of the miniatures originally came with spears and round shields and as I converted them into pikemen I decided to make this little weapons stand. The lion then being picked up in the heraldry of the flags. 









I am particularly happy with the way my "Castile" knight came out, He had originally been painted purple and white but I repainted parts of him for this army. I am also happy with my flags which I designed from various images and then printed on paper. I cover these in Mod Podge to protect them. See: https://plaidonline.com/brands/mod-podge












Converting the spearmen into pikemen took some doing with lots of hand drilling. Pikes are made from brush bristles which are great as they keep their shape and the tips can be easily be turned into spikes. 






For the movement tray I lined the bottom with paper print out of grass so even when the miniature is removed it still looks like terrain. 



















This following flag I did not use but it may come in handy at some point. As can be seen I incorporated into the above flag. 







No comments:

Post a Comment