Saturday 9 May 2020

Golgotha's Games - Tank battles - VE Day

Herewith, some pictures of a game I played with both my sons and wife for VE day. Tried new initiative rules today which worked out relatively well. This was one of the first games my wife has had with me - hope it is not the last... Initially I thought the forest would hamper the Germans allowing the Soviets to over run their positions - alas this was simply not the case.

See: https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=101948.2310


Absolute carnage was wrought on the advancing Soviet onslaught. As vehicle after vehicle became a burning wreck. Tea light candles with smoke adding a great effect.  


The Germans in position and effectively camouflaged from the enemy. 


Sadly the building got hit killing the innocent civilians and a pig hiding within. 


This Tiger was very indecisive at one point and also had a rather unsuccessful reverse in attempt to find some cover. 


Even less successful was this Tiger in that it got destroyed. It did however take out 5 Russian tanks - enough to help win this battle but I am afraid not the war. 


Annoyingly a KV1 destroyed my Panzer III hiding in the woods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment