Sunday 6 September 2020

Golgotha's Colonial - A wife for the chief, Airfix Tarzan and animals

 Herewith, a real blast from the past the old Airfix Tarzan miniatures. Also included some toy animals. 

See: http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=38

See: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=126461.15

My chief now has a family - wife and two children as well as some warriors. The hut has obviously paid off. Hope his family and tribe every success. 



The boy has a chimp. This ape may well substitute for the Congo monkeys.




Toy Giraffe whilst it looks initially too large looking at pictures of these they are surprisingly large. This lion will be better suited to using with my 28mm Gladiators etc. The Gorilla is a toy which has seemingly been recast so many times from the original made in England Britains that it has hardly any detail remaining, nor am I that keen on this aspect of the Congo wargame rules. 


These toy crocodiles are are tad large will use the non Airfix for 28mm. 




Toy rhino looks about right in size will need a repaint. 


I am very happy with the two Airfix crocodiles, I will use these for my Ancient Egyptians too. 








This is my favourite miniature in this set. 




Some of the cats I think I will use the Cheetah, first in the left foreground, with my Ancient Egyptians too.






The Elephant in the lead here is from the Airfix set. 




I did a crackling effect on some parts of the Elephant bases. Happy with how it turned out. Do want to play a scenario in which an Elephant hunting expedition goes horribly wrong. 





Two European adventures / hunters, these are not great miniatures. They are unlikely to see much use. 











No comments:

Post a Comment