Friday, 17 July 2026

What to do when at work and bored

 What to do when bored at work. Well make a wargame of course... for a day of fun... I mean hard work...

So using Bob Cordery Portable wargame rules with some tweaks I decided to do Waterloo. 



Unfortunately Hougomont has been lost but Brit cav on flank have done well. Still close though British casualties at 19.5 and French at 20.7. Best unit of the match so far Sharpe rifles but they have been pushed back by some encroaching cav and heavy artillery fire. Did not get to complete the game but was pleasantly surprised how historically accurate it played out. It was clear by the end that the French would get to a point of having to commit the guard only to be surrounded and annihilated. Will be playing this more.














5 comments:

  1. Yeah unfortunately atelier I did not get to complete the game. These portable rules can be used for number of periods and scales with not too many miniatures, or in this case counters, so well worth trying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have PDFs of a number of the Bob Cordery Portable rules; lots of inspiration there. Once I finally sort my wargame armies I shall hopefully use some of the ideas - although I tend to spend too much time sorting flags for the blog to have time to get down to my own wargaming!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward seeing some of your wargaming David. Maybe leave off on doing flags for a bit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I need to find a better balance between my own wargaming and flag production probably; but I can't stop the flag production entirely and disappoint my adoring public! Ha. :-)

      Delete