Saturday 12 November 2022

Wycombe Warband - Test of Honour Wargame

 Got to play my first Game of Test of Honour game. Of all the games I have played at the club this one was perhaps the least enjoyable. The rules clearly can have good moments but overall, despite the attempt to add fluff and colour with the cards and additional playing aids it did not seem to capture Samurai warfare. I will however be trying the rules again. My assessment of the rules is also not fair given my unfamiliarity. At least I got to use some of my miniatures. We played one of the scenarios where you attack the village and try and kill the local civilian inhabitants while the other side tries to defend them. Said villagers were very active getting to move often while some of the forces themselves hardly moved or got to move. At the end of the day, there is seemingly a fair amount to recommend the game, especially the small number of miniatures involved. 

A much better review of the rules is available here: 

https://techraptor.net/tabletop/reviews/test-of-honour-2nd-edition-gaming-set-review

Also:

https://nodicenoglory.com/2019/08/12/test-of-honour-version-2/








No comments:

Post a Comment